Monday, September 20, 2010

Mission 3: White Chocolate Chip Cookies

(my belated update… :) )

SUCCESS!!! I didn’t burn anything, and the cookies turned out great! Pretty little round circles of white chocolate deliciousness! I added a little more flour (thanks Mom) so they didn’t thin out too much, and they came out perfect. It was everything I dreamed making cookies should be…

Ok so I did drop a stick of butter face down on the floor, but only a minor mishap. After all, butter is like soap, wash the top layer off and it’s like new, right???

After last week, all I heard from Jorge was: “ how could you not make any extra cookies for me? I would have eaten the burnt ones….I can’t believe I didn’t get one cookie…” You see, he was on duty the night I was baking…so he really had no idea what those burnt cookies looked like! So after all this whimpering I made LOTS of cookies. First off, I wanted to make extra to make up for the fact I didn’t sell any muffins this week (see Mission 2). Secondly, I was worried there would be a revolt in my house if there weren’t any extra cookies for the husband. I ended up making almost 5 dozen! It was like a crazy cookie wonderland….

The house smelled like cookie heaven… yet no husband, hovering, waiting around for cookies?!? Hmmm, I go upstairs with a couple of cookies warm from the oven, and of course, Jorge is asleep in bed, one hand still on his laptop. He sleepily wakes up, gobbles down two cookies... and promptly falls back asleep.

Perhaps, a bit anti-climatic after the week of whining about cookies, but I am way too ecstatic from my first no-burn baking experience to even care! 5 dozens perfect, yummy, un-burnt cookies!!!! I’m finely getting the hang of this!!

The next day we sell about 5 dozen of the 6 dzn we bring in. All week long people have been coming up to us and remarking on what a great idea our bake sale is. We even get a “thank you” note from the Race for the Cure committee at work, saying thank you for fundraising and raising awareness! I’m also getting teased a lot, one man proclaimed I was his new girlfriend, another co-worker asked if I would start pushing a cart around at work… Lol I guess smart women baking creates a bit of confusion! (no matter how poor many of my attempts are!)

No comments:

Post a Comment